Friday, May 22, 2009

Where did it go?


I've noticed in the past few weeks/months that there seems to be something happening in my relationship. Nothing bad, but nothing good at the same time. After thinking about it for a long while, I've come to the conclusion that we've lost that 'falling-in-love' feeling.

No, we're not breaking up, we've just become comfortable or settled as some might call it. I don't like it one bit. I miss the butterflies and the daydreams, the passion and the sleepless nights ;-) and the 'I love yous' that you can't seem to hear enough of. Where did it go? And when did it decide to leave? I wasn't given due notice and never received a good-bye...

I understand that some people live their entire lives being able to feel this way. Like everyday is the first time they've figured out they are in love...I want it to come back. I wasn't finished feeling that way yet.

I wake up everyday thinking it's going to come back, we'll start to get all touchy-feely again, and wink at each other with every passing glance. But instead, I go to sleep feeling neglected and taken advantage of. This isn't how I remember it being in the beginning. I remember having someone stand beside me and help prepare supper. Sitting down and talking to each other. I remember actually going out on the weekends because we'd actually made plans.

So, how do you get it to come back? Is it even possible to get back? Maybe I need to try a little harder. Maybe we need to talk about it. I can't imagine spending the next 50+ years feeling like this. It's a miserable feeling and I'm not diggin' it.

1 comment:

  1. You write about one of the most crucial questions to ever review in a relationship - because it is inevitable that it will be experienced. I don't know the answer, but I am familiar with the question... I knew an old man that use to work with me and he was old and gray, but still left little notes for his wife. He took her flowers. He even wrote notes for her on the toilet paper, loll! I learned from him that regardless of everything else, there has to be a sustained effort for it ever to be like that. Lack of action is the root of all stale relationships in my book... thanks for posting about this!!!

    ReplyDelete