Friday, March 26, 2010

Becoming a mother for the second time


September 12, 2009...been a long time since the last post. A LOT has happened since then. Mostly issues with the pregnancy. There were a lot of health scares and we almost had to make a very serious decision regarding the life of our child. Fortunately, everything came out just fine and we were able to continue on with the pregnancy. It's been stressful, but a blessing at the same time.

As I sit here, I am about an hour away from being induced. My little one has decided that she'd rather stay inside where it's nice and warm. She's 4 days late today, so my doctor decided to have some mercy on me. It's going to be a long hard day, but I feel a little more comfortable knowing that it'll all happen in a very controlled situation.

I'm terrified of becoming a mother for the second time. I haven't told many people. Their immediate reaction to any comment I make is "But you've done it before, you'll be ok!". Maybe I will, but it's still scary as hell. It's been a long time since I've done this. And to be honest...that's not the part that scares me. Being responsible for another life is. For the last 8 years, I've been responsible for myself and my daughter. Now there will be one more.

It's a terrifying thing and I know the road ahead will be a challenging one. I can only hope to make it to the end in one piece. Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment